St John's Lutheran Church, S520 Church Ave., Spring ValleyClick Here to Donate


Community Services

Spring Valley is fortunate to have many resources available to help people in need. We encourage you to contact the following organizations when needs arise.

Spring Valley Food Pantry
The Spring Valley Area Food Pantry is located in the St. John's Education building, across the parking lot from our main building. The Food Pantry is open the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month from 10 – 11:30 am and from 4:30 – 6 pm.
The phone number for the Spring Valley Community Food Pantry is (715)778-5988. For immediate need, please call the Pierce County Food Pantry in Ellsworth at (715)273-2070. They are open Monday thru Friday from 9:30 am to noon and Wednesday from 4-6 pm.
Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin

Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin
Eau Claire
1320 W. Clairemont Avenue, Ste. 200
Eau Claire, WI 54701
(877) 967-5577

  • Addiction: LSS provides an array of services specifically designed to help people with addictions in their recovery journey or to move individuals out of the correctional system, such as:
    • Outpatient Treatment
    • Inpatient Treatment
    • Sober Living Facilities
    • Support Groups
    • Transitional Residential (halfway house) Treatment
    • Treatment for Gambling
  • Housing: In cooperation with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), LSS owns and operates multiple subsidized housing apartment buildings serving the following populations:
    • Older Adults
    • Persons with developmental disabilities
    • Persons with chronic mental illness
    • Persons with physical disabilities
  • Counseling:LSS provides quality mental health and substance abuse services for people of all ages. Our counselors and psychologists help clients build resilience, facilitate recovery and grow – helping them live fuller, more productive lives.
  • For more informatoin visit:

Main Office    
525 2nd St.
P.O. Box 308
Glenwood City, WI  54013    
(715) 265-4271

Fax: (715) 265-7031

  • West CAP’s Homeless Prevention Program provides short-term rent assistance to families and individuals experiencing homelessness, as well as to those who are in jeopardy of becoming homeless.  The types of rental assistance available are: security deposit, first month’s rent, or rent arrearages.  Income limits vary according to county.

    West CAP also provides one-time utility assistance to families and individuals that are in jeopardy of disconnection.  The types of utility assistance available are: up to one month of past due metered utility, or minimum allowed delivery of fuel oil or propane.

Our Neighbor's Place

Our Neighbor's Place
136 North Riverwalk
River Falls, WI 54022

  • Emergency Housing: Our Neighbors’ Place offers emergency shelter to families and individuals who are or will be homeless.

Salvation Army
The Salvation Army provides assistance for people in crisis. It can write vouchers for food, lodging, medical care, transportation or other short-term emergency needs. It also maintains two transitional houses in St. Croix County that provide temporary shelter for displaced families.
Spring Valley Seniors Staying Put
St. John's partners with Spring Valley Seniors Staying Put in their mission of "Coordinating volunteers to assist seniors and adults with disabilities to maintain their independence." 
We host the Memory Café every 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month from 10-11:30AM and senior wellness classes on occasion. Check out for more info and assistance!